Header Ads

Fettucine Carbonara with Roasted Tomatoes

I found this recipe on Our Life in the Kitchen over a year ago and it's one of my favorites. I had never had carbonara before, which is a pasta sauce based with bacon, eggs and cream, but I absolutely love it. I have adapted the recipe a bit to make it a little healthier and have substituted bacon instead of pancetta. I love the creaminess the egg creates in this dish. It's so simple, but so tasty. The roasted tomatoes also make this dish great.

Ingredients: 
  • Fettucine, a pound of dry or a couple of boxes of fresh or your own homemade.
  • Pancetta, 3/4 pound
  • Yellow or White Onion, 1 medium
  • Garlic, 5 or 6 cloves
  • Eggs, 3
  • Cream, 1 1/2 cups
  • Freshly Grated Parmesan, 1 cup
  • Coarse Ground Black Pepper
  • Cherry Tomatoes, 2 dozen or so

Read full instructions on : ourlifeinthekitchen.com


Powered by Blogger.